Science and Technology Convergence (STC) Conference 2019 is an annual conference co-organized by the IIAP of NAS RA and Catalyst Foundation (a SmartGateVC initiative) with the support from the EU SMEDA project. It is set to foresee the future of the fundamental and applied research in Armenia. The conference brings together the community of researchers and engineers of different disciplines from both industry and academia that work on advanced technologies.
STCC provides a platform for:
- Discussing the roadmap toward creation of a solid Machine Learning PhD program in Armenia;
- Involving postdocs from leading universities to Armenia and discussing avenues for potential repatriation;
- Establishment of joint research labs with collaboration of US and European universities, and local established tech companies;
- Establishment of practical collaboration with European and US university labs.
Target participants for STCC 2019 are:
- Professors in Machine Learning, Computer Vision and Robotics from high-ranked research institutions;
- Executives and scientists from tech corporations and established startups, that are looking to collaborate with research groups around target topics and have allocated budget for such research;
- Executives and researchers of Armenia based universities, research labs and institutes of the National Academy of Sciences;
- Representatives of donor community (EU, USAID, WB, ADB, GIZ, others) to present available mechanisms for financing and supporting science and industry collaboration.
The conference focus areas are:
Electronic Design Automation
Robotics & IoT
Each topic has themed round table discussions, visionary talks, knowledge sharing sessions, and success stories of science and industry collaboration.